World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has announced the postponement of his much-anticipated re-match with Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko after the British boxer suffered an ankle sprain on a run.Fury was due to defend his WBA and WBO heavyweight crowns in against Klitschko in Manchester on July 9. A date for the rescheduled fight is yet to be decided.“The fight will be postponed. Sorry to all my fans, but injuries do happen,” Fury said on his Instagram page.“The fight will be on as soon as possible. That’s all I know at the moment. The fight is still going ahead as soon as the ankle gets better, we will re-schedule.”The 27-year-old caused a huge upset by beating Klitschko in unanimous decision in November, inflicting the 40-year-old Ukrainian’s first loss in 11 years.
A man accused of stealing a gold and diamond ring was on Monday morning granted his pretrial liberty when he appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Christopher SmallChristopher Small, 28, of Laing Avenue, Georgetown, pleaded not guilty to the charge.It is alleged that between October 1 and 31, 2015, at Light Street, Georgetown, he stole one gold and diamond ring valued $550,000 and other items worth $450,000.Police Prosecutor Neville Jeffers told the court that the defendant stole the items from his employer, John Raymond.The facts are that the defendant first stole the keys to the Virtual Complainant’s home after which at a later date he entered the house and stole the items.It is alleged that he admitted to stealing and selling the items.The prosecution had no objections to bail, but the defendant could not give the address of his abode; as such, Magistrate McLennan remanded him to prison until he could do so.He reappeared before her later in the day with the address and was granted $70,000 bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court on November 27 2016.
– cash, jewellery, vehicle stolenPolice are investigating a possible “set-up” on Tuesday evening which resulted in over a million dollars in cash and valuables, as well as a new model white Toyota Raum, being stolen at gunpoint as a couple returned from a date at the Ogle seawall, East Coast Demerara. The two victims were identified as 41-year-old Jeanine Odel, a hairdresser of Eighth Street, West Half Paradise, East Coast Demerara and Declon Pierre, 41, an overseas-based Guyanese of Lot 161 Atlantic Gardens, East Coast Demerara.Based on information received, around 22:45h, while the two were on their way home from a date, Pierre told Odel – who is the owner and driver of PNN 3885 – that he wanted to urinate. As such, the woman pulled onto the corner of the road near the Ogle seawall and he exited the vehicle.However, shortly after, three men, two of whom were armed with hand guns, approached Odel and while holding a gun to her head, demanded that she turn over her rings (three gold and diamond rings) and other valuables. After she complied, one of the men pulled her out of her motor vehicle and they drove away with it.Police reports indicate that at no time was Pierre pounced on by the men.The duo then made their way to the Sparendaam Police Station on foot, where they lodged their report.In addition to her rings valued at $800,000, Odel lost one HP laptop valued at $120,000, one Samsung S7 mobile phone valued at $140,000, a $49,000 gold chain, and her $2,600,000 Raum and US$1000 in cash.Pierre, as a result of leaving his belongings in the motor car, lost US$3700.Investigations are ongoing.
0Shares0000MACHAKOS, Kenya, March 2- Defending champions Baldev Singh Chager navigated by Ravi Soni in a Mitsubishi EVO X racked- up his maiden win of the season as the dust finally settled on the KCB Machakos Rally.Victory in the County of the moment gave the ‘Flying Sikh’ back-to-back wins in the Kenya Motor Sports Club round of the KNRC which he won in Kajiado last year. Second overall was Rajbir Rai followed by Jasmeet Chana in third. This was a career best for both podium finishers in an event marked by upsets galore.Chager who won three rallies last year had his campaign effectively sewn-up when co-favourites Carl Tundo and Ian Duncan retired in CS5 and CS1 respectively.Tundo who won last month’s Malindi Rally ended his interest with a blown turbo whilst Duncan cited heavy civilian traffic in the opening stage as his reason for withdrawal.Tundo led the rally after the first stage but Chager nosed ahead in CS5 following his rival’s woes.“I really had to keep an eye on the youngsters who were pushing really hard,” said Chager of the high-flying upcomers like Rajbir Rai and Jassi Chatthe who have been driving aggressively of late.The second round of the KCB KNRC took crews through some straight and flat-out sections around Machakos and its environs.All stages were centered around Nairobi-Mombasa highway at Ulu, Konza, Kilome, Kapiti Plains and Salama.Fans who turned out for the event were treated to some exhilarating displays of high octane rallying.Organizers KMSC ran a total of 11 stages with a competitive mileage totalling 173 kilometres. The most exciting stage of them all was the ‘power stage’ which also ran as one of the two designated spectator stages inside the People’s Park in Machakos.Sunday’s race saw some of the top contenders fall by the wayside.Issa Amwari retired on the transport road section in Ulu en-route to Tumaini School Service Park when he hit bump and damaged the EVO9’s sump-guard.Car number 28 of Waita Nzioka and Laban Cliff in an ex-Ben Muchemi EVO9 retired with gearbox problems.Hardeep Rehsi had a good run in the morning session but had his run impended by a puncture.Joe Muchiri (Subaru gc8) and Hussein Malik (EVO6) rolled after hitting a culvert on the same spot at the end of the 8.45km CS1 stage which ran from Katumani to Kapiti Plains.Jassi Chatthe kissed the event goodbye on transport after CS1 with engine failure. Chatthe proceeds to Ivory Coast or the Rally Bandama which is the first round of the African Rally championship next weekend.Imran Mogul and Adnan Din also retired with a broken left drive shaft while lying fifth.The third round of the KNRC heads to Kiambu on April Apri 26-27.Provisional final results-KCB Machakos Rally1. Baldev Chager (EVOX) 1:31072. Rajbir Rai (EVOX) 1:38.053. Jasmeet Chana (EVO9) 1:43.330Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
He smiled enigmatically when asked if it would affect his future, saying: “There is plenty of time.”About his legends team, he said: “I didn’t pick them, I’m here on my holidays.”Mourinho’s vacation has now stretched to five months.Manchester United’s 3-2 defeat by West Ham on Tuesday could see Van Gaal’s side miss out on a place in the top four.United go into their final game of the season against Bournemouth two points behind neighbours Manchester City.Van Gaal’s side have to beat the Cherries and hope City lose at Swansea on Sunday.A FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace may not be enough to save the Dutchman from losing his job.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Jose Mourinho, pictured at the the 66th FIFA Congress in Mexico City, has said ‘there is plenty of time’ for his future to be sorted as speculation continues to link him with a move to Manchester UnitedUNITED KINGDOM, May 12 – Jose Mourinho gave the studied impression of being unperturbed by Manchester United’s defeat at West Ham, a result which could herald his appointment as manager at Old Trafford now that Louis van Gaal is unlikely to deliver Champions League football next season.Mourinho, who arrived in Mexico City on Tuesday night to manage a FIFA legends team, said he was flying during the match and only found out the result when he had checked into his hotel.
Brentford star Andre Grey celebrates Seven teams are tied at the top of the Championship tabe on four points after another lively afternoon in the second flight, which saw Brentford twice come from behind to seal a brilliant 4-2 win over a ten-man Bristol City.Barely two minutes were on the clock when Jonathan Kodjia opened the scoring for the hosts at Ashton Gate, but Alan Judge soon had the Bees level.Aaron Wilbraham then headed City back in front on 22 minutes, but Luke Freeman’s sending off for a high foot handed Brentford the advantage.And they made the extra man count, with Derrick Williams’s own goal putting the Bees level before the half-time break, and Andre Gray, linked with a move to QPR this week, firing the visitors ahead for the first time on the hour-mark.The Robins made changes in the second-half in an attempt to claim a share of the points, but Brentford only increased the scroreline, with Philipp Hofmann making it four with 20 minutes remaining; Gray providing the assist.City are one of four teams, along with Reading, QPR and Rotherham, lying pointless at the bottom of the table.Meanwhile, Middlesbrough ensured their place at the league’s summit on goal difference with a thumping 3-0 victory over Bolton at the Riverside.Diego Fabbrini’s fabulous long-range strike sparked the rout after just six minutes, and Spanish star Kike made the three points certain with a fine brace before half-time.Preston North End are also one of the teams sharing the lead at the top after they secured a 1-0 win at MK Dons, despite ending the game with ten men.Paul Gallagher netted the only goal of the game with a neat finish in the box, and while 80th minute substitute Jordan Hugill was shown a straight red for a stamp less than three minutes after his introduction, the Lilywhites managed to hold on to seal all three points.Nottingham Forest claimed their first win since the middle of March, as goals from Matt Mills and Michail Antonio saw the Tricky Trees come back from a goal down to beat Rotherham 2-1 at home, while Ipswich beat Sheffield Wednesday by the same scoreline; goals from Freddie Sears and Tommy Smith ruling out Ross Wallace’s opener for the Owls.Elsewhere, Tommer Hemed stuck a 90th minute winner to guide Brighton to a 2-1 victory at Fulham, Huddersfield were frustrated at home to Blackburn as Nathan Delfouneso’s 60th minute earned Rovers a 1-1 draw despite a commanding performance from the Terriers, and Charlton managed a point with a nervy 1-1 draw against a dominant Derby side. 1
There was delight all round for Tobin’s Service Station in Letterkenny at a gala ceremony in Dublin’s Clayton Hotel on Burlington Road, where the winners of The National Q Mark Awards 2019 were announced.The highest accolade a business in Ireland can achieve, the National Q Mark Awards are given only to companies who reach peak standards of quality and excellence.Tobin’s is a customer-focused, locally owned and operated service station comprising up-to-date convenience store, deli and car wash. The outlet is well-renowned for its superb staff, service and standards. At the black-tie event on Friday night, hosted by journalist and broadcaster Jonathan Healy, Tobin’s was pronounced as this year’s winners in The Q Mark for Hygiene and Food Safety, Recognised for Excellence – Forecourts category.Irene Collins, Managing Director of EIQA, the proud guardians of the Q Mark suite of Quality standards, congratulated the team:She said “This isn’t the first time that Eddie and Annette have taken their team to the top of the Q for high standards of Hygiene and Food Safety. A truly remarkable result…from a truly remarkable team”!The station’s Deli Manager Marian McGarrigle was thrilled. She said “This is a fantastic achievement for our dedicated staff and our business. It also reinforces with our customers that we continue to achieve and maintain excellent standards for food safety. We are proud that the standards of hygiene and food safety that we continuously deliver are worthy of this prestigious national award”.The team at Tobin’s can now proudly display their award on the premises, to let customers and staff know that they’ve earned their place at the premium level of Irish enterprise.Almost 120 companies battled it out for the titles this year, in the drive to win one of what have become known as Ireland’s Oscars of business excellence.The winners of this year’s awards were selected from a list of more than 110 nominees, which was carefully scrutinised by a team of 14 judges from the worlds of enterprise, food safety, academia and more.Tobins are right on ‘Q’ with national award was last modified: October 1st, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Q MarkTobins
Gareth Bale 1 Gareth Bale can see himself finishing his career at Real Madrid after signing a new long-term contract with the Spanish giants.The Wales international put pen to paper on Monday on a deal which ties him to Real until June 30, 2022, which expires just before he turns 33.Bale has been regularly linked with a big-money move back to England, with Manchester United reportedly leading the chase for his services, but the former Tottenham player only has eyes for Real.Asked if he could envisage ending his top-flight career at the Bernabeu even if it meant not playing in the Premier League again, Bale told a press conference: “Yeah, for sure. The reason I signed here for so long is because I’m very happy here.“I feel more comfortable every year that I’m here as well. I’m improving my Spanish, my family’s more settled. I fully intend to see out my contract here.“Obviously in the future, I don’t know when I’m going to retire, but I’m very happy here at the moment and for the next six years I’m not looking past that really.”United have long been linked with a move for Bale, even before the Welshman left Spurs to join Real in 2013 for a then-world record fee of £85.3million.As recently as last month there was speculation of a possible attempt by the Red Devils to sign the flying forward, but Bale himself insists he knows nothing about any transfer talk.He said: “I couldn’t tell you if anyone’s been interested. Since I’ve been here I’ve been fully concentrated on playing for Real Madrid.“I’m very happy here which shows why I’ve signed another six-year deal and we never really speak about these things. If (United) have (shown an interest) they have, I don’t know about it. The main thing for me is to concentrate on my football and everything else is dealt with behind the scenes.”Bale was also giving nothing away about the finances behind his new contract.Media reports have suggested the 27-year-old will now be earning in the region of £18million a year – £350,000 per week after tax – and is in the top three best-paid players in the world, along with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Real team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.When asked about his wages on Monday, Bale simply said: “That’s for me to know and no-one else to find out, sorry.”Bale left White Hart Lane without winning a major trophy with Spurs, but he has helped Real lift five pieces of silverware in three years, including the Champions League in 2014 and 2016.He has also scored 62 goals and recorded 34 assists in 135 official games for the Spanish giants, forming part of the team’s much-vaunted ‘BBC’ strikeforce alongside Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.Bale is now hoping for more of the same in the coming years after committing his future to the 11-time European champions.He said: “Obviously I’m very very happy today. When I first came here I wanted so succeed here, wanted to win trophies here. And sitting here now having renewed my contract is another dream come true and hopefully there’s more trophies and titles to win here again.“It’s Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world I think. When an opportunity comes up to play for Real Madrid you don’t turn it down. I’ve loved every minute of it out here.“I definitely made the best decision. It matches all my ambitions.”Bale concedes it has not all been plain-sailing for him in Spain, with the former Southampton youngster having had to deal with injuries and criticism.But he insists all that has helped him develop as a player and a person.He said: “It’s been a difficult journey. It’s very difficult for British players to come over to any European club. I’ve had my difficult times and I’ve had good times. I think it’s all a learning curve.“I’ve really grown up as a person and I’ve enjoyed every experience, whether it’s been good or bad.“I feel happy here, I feel loved by the fans here and want to give everything for the shirt to win try and win as many trophies as I can.”
THURSDAY Veterans Day Ceremony, 9-9:30 a.m., Arthur E. Wright Middle School, 4029 N. Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas. Call (818) 880-4614, Ext. 221. LAPD Officer Appreciation Day, all day, West Valley Community Police Station, 19020 Vanowen St., Reseda. Call (818) 832-7540. Mail Datebook entries – including time, date, location and phone number – to Daily News City Desk, P.O. Box 4200, Woodland Hills, CA 91365; fax (818) 713-0058; e-mail email@example.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’
Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? 2 LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS RANKED Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Max Aarons is attracting interest after a number of good performances for Norwich MONEY Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Norwich City’s right-back Max Aarons The Canaries currently sit second in the Championship, three points behind leaders Leeds United.They will also not be under any financial pressure to sell Aarons as they received £33million in the summer after the sales of James Maddison and Josh Murphy. ADVICE Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly preparing a £15million bid for top Norwich City prospect Max Aarons.A number of clubs are watching the 18-year-old with Spurs attending all of his matches and they are considering putting in a bid, according to The Sun. German club Red Bull Leipzig are also another club who are reportedly keen on signing the defender.Norwich will be reluctant to part with the right-back, though, as he has been an integral part of their side despite only making his senior debut in August. BEST OF 2 no dice Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars REVEALED huge blow REVEALED Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ REPLY shining Tottenham’s best chance of prising the defender away from Carrow Road may be to loan him straight back so it does not hinder their promotion push.Mauricio Pochettino’s side are already well stocked in the right-back position with Kieran Trippier, Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters all competing for a starting place.