• Home
  • Tag: 不准不开心

LEAD WITH OUR HEART

first_imgTo lead with our heart is the story of Sylvia Degotardi (nee Leahy). The death of a family member or friend is always tragic, especially so at Christmas, which is a time of celebration. Mother of three Sylvia Degotardi tragically passed away in mid-October, just hours after giving birth to her third child. Sylvia was an all-around athlete, who played Touch Football in Toowoomba for several years. A Memorial Race Day and raffle is being organised for January 15th, to establish a trust fund for her children. A long-time friend of Sylvia’s, Karley Banks, has written this incredible eulogy to her friend. The story also contains all the information on the Memorial Day. EULOGY TO SYLVIA DEGOTARDI Picture courtesy of the Toowoomba Chroniclelast_img read more

a month agoChelsea boss Lampard: More kids will play against Grimsby

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Lampard: More kids will play against Grimsbyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea manager Frank Lampard says the Carabao Cup gives him a chance to “blood his young players”.The Blues will play Grimsby Town in the third-round on Wednesday, with Lampard expected to field teenagers Reece James and Callum Hudson-Odoi.Having won the competition twice as a Chelsea player, Lampard is looking forward to this season’s trophy.“It will be an opportunity to blood young players in this game and it is a competition we want to be competitive in,” he said. “It does give a good feeling. I saw Chelsea get to the final last year and beat Tottenham in the semi. “I saw how Stamford Bridge was celebrating that, and the team was slightly unlucky to lose to Man City in the final. “We will try to be competitive and at the same time as giving the youngsters a go, we will try to win, as a club like Chelsea should always do.“I have nice memories of the two finals I won. It is a competition that is difficult to win but we have to give it everything.” last_img read more

a month agoArsenal boss Emery says Holding could face Man Utd

first_imgArsenal boss Emery says Holding could face Man Utdby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery says Rob Holding could be ready to face Manchester United tomorrow night.Holding missed the last six months of last season after a cruciate ligament injury in the 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford in December. Emery said, “After eight or nine months out, it’s a long time, and to recover he needs first to take it bit by bit, to take ­confidence, to get back to the performance levels we demand.“On Tuesday (in their Carabao Cup defeat of Nottingham Forest), I thought, ‘Wow! He’s coming, Rob Holding’. I don’t know if he is going to start at Old Trafford, but I want from him his spirit, his behaviour and commitment.“He really feels Arsenal ­Football Club and I want ­players like him in the dressing room. Last year, Rob started training and playing with us and he progressed a lot.“When he had his ­injury at Old Trafford, it was maybe at the best ­moment in his progress.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

12 days agoMan Utd midfielder McTominay insists he and Scotland can learn from run of defeats

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd midfielder McTominay insists he and Scotland can learn from run of defeatsby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Scott McTominay insists he and Scotland can learn from their run of defeats.He missed Thursday’s 4-0 loss in Russia through suspension but is back in contention to face Group I’s basement club San Marino on Sunday.Speaking at a pre-match press conference, he said: “Obviously in football you have good and you have bad moments as well.”Football is not always sunshine and rainbows, you have to stick in through the bad moments and obviously keep pushing as a team.”We know what we have to improve on, we’ve had numerous conversations about it as a group and obviously with the staff as well. And it’s up to us now.”I feel like we’ve got everything in front of us that we need to achieve and sometimes you can have a wake-up call, which can be the best thing for you.”In football a wake-up call can be huge for the whole squad and everybody looking forward to the games.” last_img read more

Five-Star Cornerback Iman Marshall Dons Charles Woodson’s No.2 While On Visit To Michigan Monday

first_imgThe Michigan Wolverines Cheerleaders support their team against the Brigham Young Cougars at Michigan Stadium.ANN ARBOR, MI – SEPTEMBER 26: The Michigan Wolverines Cheerleaders support their team against the Brigham Young Cougars at Michigan Stadium on September 26, 2015 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Wolverines defeated the Cougars 31-0. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)Consensus five-star cornerback recruit Iman Marshall of Long Beach (Calif.) Poly made a visit to Michigan on Monday, and while on campus, he got to don a no. 2 Wolverine jersey. Prospects wearing jerseys with their numbers on them is standard recruiting visit procedure, but no. 2 also happens to be the number of former Michigan star cornerback and 1997 Heisman Trophy winner, Charles Woodson.Marshall celebrated the honor by taking time to pose with a mural of Woodson celebrating the Wolverines’ 1997 Rose Bowl win over Washington State. ichigan pic.twitter.com/wXlwejyW6b— Biggie (@iman_marshall8) January 19, 2015New Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh and his staff have already made some noise on the recruiting trail since taking over in Ann Arbor this month, but landing a player of Marshall’s caliber would be a home-run coup. The no. 3 overall player in the country according to Rivals, Marshall has offers from essentially every major program. He already made an official visit to Florida State, and has trips to LSU and Oregon scheduled before signing day.last_img read more

Pacific trade pact leaders due to meet on new deal

first_imgDANANG, Vietnam – Leaders of the countries participating in a Pacific Rim trade pact abandoned by President Donald Trump have agreed to meet and are expected to endorse a basic agreement on moving ahead without the U.S.Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Friday that he was “reasonably confident” the 11 countries remaining in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which include Malaysia, would have a basic agreement.They are trying to find a way forward without the U.S., the biggest economy and before Trump took office one of its most assertive supporters. Trump has said he prefers country-to-country deals and is seeking to renegotiate several major trade agreements to, as he says, “put America First.”Najib’s comments to a business conference on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum followed conflicting reports that a basic agreement had been reached in the wee hours Friday.Najib said officials met until 3 a.m. Friday trying to bridge their differences and produce a statement for the leaders of their countries to endorse.“I am quite sanguine we will get a deal but of course it has to go through a process of ratification and some side matters have to be worked out, but at least we have managed to salvage some kind of free trade agreement, which is important for the future of APEC,” Najib said.Vietnamese officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.The negotiations are being held in Danang, Vietnam, alongside meetings of the 21-member APEC’s annual summit, where Trump’s markedly different stance from past U.S. leaders was being felt even before his arrival Friday in the coastal resort city.While most APEC members say they remain committed to their multi-country approach in weaving their economies ever closer together, many acknowledge that open trade is a mixed bag: Not everyone benefits equally.The U.S. pushback on “free trade,” evidenced in Trump’s “America First” policy, has raised eyebrows in the region after decades of U.S. pressure on opening markets.While APEC operates by consensus and customarily issues nonbinding statements, TPP commitments would eventually be ratified and enforced by its members.But even talks this week on a declaration to cap this week’s APEC summit had to be extended for an extra half-day as ministers haggled over wording. It’s unclear what the exact sticking points were, but officials have alluded to differences over the unequal impact more open trade has had on workers and concerns over automation in manufacturing that could leave many millions in a wide array of industries with no work to do.Vietnamese Trade Minister Tran Tuan Anh said a “new trend of protectionism” was afoot, but the group eventually managed to bridge their differences.As a developing country with a fast-growing export sector, Vietnam has a strong interest in open trade and access for its exports to consumers in the West. The summit is an occasion for its leaders to showcase the progress its economy has made thanks largely to foreign investment and trade. Danang, Vietnam’s third largest city, is in the midst of a construction boom as dozens of resorts and smaller hotels pop up along its scenic coastline.But even though its economy grew at a brisk 6.2 per cent pace last year, Vietnam’s GDP per capita is still one of the lowest among APEC members at less than $2,200. Many of its 95 million people remain poor and vulnerable to natural disasters such as storms that lashed the coast near Danang just days before the APEC meetings.APEC’s members are Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, the U.S. and Vietnam.last_img read more

Snowfall warning issued for the Pine Pass

first_imgCHETWYND, B.C. – A snowfall warning has been issued for the Pine Pass.Environment Canada says a frontal system could bring with it 10 to 20 cm of snow.  Snow will begin this Sunday evening and continue through Monday. Snow is expected to ease Monday night.For updates on road conditions, visit www.drivebc.ca.  See the full weather warning below. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.Road conditions are available at www.drivebc.ca. Issued at 2019-03-10 11:28 UTC by Environment Canada:Snowfall warning issued for:Highway 97 – Pine Pass, B.C. (080030)Current details:Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.A frontal system crossing BC will bring heavy snow to the McGregor and Williston regions, including Highway 97 – Pine Pass.Snow will begin this evening and continue through Monday. Snow is expected to ease Monday night.Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.last_img read more

PRRD presents feasibility study to City Council for connecting trails

first_imgZelenski shared, it has been a challenging project yet listening to the community by gathering information from events such as Canada Day helped start the direction for the study.The greatest input for the study came from families and woman; it was necessary for the study according to Zelenski to know what was important to users and also what are the concerns.Research obtained from eight different Regional Districts about how they planned their regional trail designs was an important step knowing this is a large scale project. Once the study has been presented. The next big step would be figuring out funding. People expressed their desire for options that include non-motorized activities.  One of the challenges the study faced was to determine a starting point for the trail system and the use of private property also being an implication of where the trails would be mapped out.Nine options for trails were screened down by a series of questions, from those nine trails three were considered to have good potential as a 7 km trail, with one design being deemed a future trail extension as it would end in Beaton Provincial Park. Option A – Would connect Charlie Lake Elementary and the Tse-Kwa CavesOption B – A robust public support for this option yet more constraints FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District made a Presentation to Fort St. John City Council regarding the Connecting Communities Trails Feasibility Study.The presentation made by Jana Zelenski, Landscape Architect of Lanarc Consulting, shared the results of a feasibility study on creating a trail system to connect Fort St. John to Charlie Lake and another trail that goes from Dawson Creek to Pouce Coupe.center_img Future Option Of the two main trail ideas presented they were close in cost to create yet held different implications to the environments in which they would run through.Option A Cost – 4.8 to 7.7 MillionOption B Cost – 5 to 7.5 MillionAt the end of the presentation, Mayor Lori Ackerman addressed her concerns that not all parties were addressed during the study such as the First Nations as Fish Creek is to remain a wildlife corridor as well as concerns as to who would be responsible for maintaining and policing the trail.Councillor Trevor Bolin spoke on Option 7 addressed in the original 9 trails and suggested that running alongside the Alaska Hwy would only involve two landowners.Council moved for City Staff to create a report on the best trail option.To view the presentation, CLICK HERElast_img read more

Data usage in India to grow at 73 CAGR by 2022 Study

first_imgNew Delhi: India’s data consumption is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 72.6 per cent to 10,96,58,793 million MB by 2022, according to a study. “With lower than ever data tariffs and increasing number of smartphone penetration in the country, which is around 40 per cent as of 2017, it is safe to assume that the Video on Demand (VoD) market will be a significant beneficiary of these developments. Internet consumption is clearly on the rise in India,” according to the Assocham-PwC study. Data consumption in India will grow from the level of 71,67,103 million MB in 2017 to 10,96,58,793 million MB (megabytes) in 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 72.6 per cent, it said. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in SepWhile the average Indian used to spend more on voice services than on mobile data services until 2013, the majority of an average mobile bill is now spent on data. The average monthly spend on voice services in 2013 was Rs 214 compared to Rs 173 spent on data. In 2016, the spend on voice fell to Rs 124, while data spend rose to Rs 225, according to the report. Video streaming constitutes roughly 65 75 per cent of the traffic, as per the Nokia Mobile Broadband Index 2018. While internet penetration is increasing in India, with mobile internet penetration set to reach 56.7 per cent in 2022 from a mere 30.2 per cent in 2017, connectivity and consistency in speed issues need to be addressed, said the study titled ‘Video on Demand: Entertainment reimagined’. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsIt further said that in a country where approximately 65-70 per cent of the population resides in rural areas, no service meant for the masses can afford to ignore this market. Internet connectivity and speed issues are significant in rural areas as against urban areas. It is important for OTT (over-the-top) players to cater to the rural market if they wish to stay relevant. Thus, apps like YouTube, which support low Internet connectivity, will be able to penetrate faster into rural areas, according to the study. The report also noted that there has been a value shift to platforms. “Social media and technology platforms, instead of content creators and packagers, have emerged as the primary beneficiaries of the increase in user time and spending,” it added. Another major aspect in the journey of OTT players will be the ability to personalise experiences. Emerging technologies would help companies create unique experiences that add value to the services provided to users.last_img read more

F16s escort MumbaiSpore flight after bomb threat

first_imgSingapore/New Delhi: A Singapore Airlines flight from Mumbai to Singapore with 263 passengers on board Tuesday received a bomb threat, prompting Singapore Air Force to send two F-16s to escort the aircraft.The flight landed safely at Singapore’s Changi International Airport on Tuesday around 8 am (local time), the airline added. “Singapore Airlines confirms there was a bomb threat concerning SQ423 operating from Mumbai to Singapore. The aircraft arrived in Singapore on March 26, 2019, at about 0800hrs (local time). “There were 263 passengers on board. We are assisting the authorities with their investigations and regret that we are unable to provide further details,” a statement issued by the airline said. The Republic of Singapore Air Force said two F16C/Ds escorted the SIA aeroplane. The RSAF said in a Facebook post that two F-16C/Ds were scrambled to intercept the SIA flight. “Our fighters escorted the airliner till it landed safely at Changi Airport,” it said. All passengers, except for a woman and a child, disembarked safely and had to undergo screening. The woman and the child were held back for questioning by the police, who are investigating the incident. Preliminary checks showed that the airline received a call after the plane left Mumbai’s airport on Monday at about 11.35pm local time. The caller claimed that there was a bomb on the plane. The plane, a Boeing 777-300ER, had departed Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at 11.36pm local time on Monday, according to website FlightAware. It arrived in Singapore 31 minutes behind schedule, the site added. “There was no impact to other SIA operations,” an SIA spokesperson said. PTIlast_img read more