• Home
  • Tag: 上海楼凤

Don’t Miss the Current Online Magazine Focused on ORC

first_imgThe latest edition of LPM Online is focused on organized retail crime (ORC). Here’s a look at the excellent articles in this issue. Please forward the link to this edition to your friends in loss prevention and law enforcement who are focused on ORC.ORC Is Worrisome, Worsening…And at Risk of Becoming Ignored? LPM’s Garett Seivold looks at the National Retail Federation’s latest ORC survey results and talks to investigators on the front line about the current trends affecting retail.Organized Retail Crime Is a Community Concern Curt Crum is a career law enforcement officer with the Boise (ID) Police Department and president of the national Coalition of Law Enforcement and Retail (CLEAR). LPM’s Jim Lee, LPC, gets Crum’s insights into the community problem of ORC.- Sponsor – Inside the ORC Interview Dave Thompson, CFI, offers a written treatise on Wicklander-Zulawski’s perspective on interviewing ORC offenders as well as a video discussing the subject.An Update on Emerging Issues in ORC The Loss Prevention Research Council (LPRC) has been looking at ORC since the council formed in the early 2000s. In this article the LPRC team provides an update of what they’ve learned along the way and where ORC is heading.Intelligence: The Most Important Tool in the Fight Against ORC One company’s solution to preventing retail crime through information, intelligence, and collaboration.ORC: Arming Ourselves with Education LPM’s Jacque Brittain, LPC, provides a preview of a new ORC education course created by the Loss Prevention Foundation with help from a team of LP industry experts.Cargo Theft: Our Industry Problem One of the asset protection industry’s experts on retail supply chain provides a compelling argument for why cargo theft is not just a trucking and insurance problem but an LP industry problem that must be addressed.Rise of the Robots? Mobile security devices may sound like something out of Star Wars, but retailers are starting to implement robotic technology.The Unintended Consequences of California’s Proposition 47 on Retail Theft The podcast features a panel of experts on how increasing the felony threshold has negatively impacted retailers.If you’ve missed any of our previous LPM Online editions, go to the Archives page at the end of the edition to see what you’ve missed. Be sure to be an LPM digital subscriber so you are the first to know when new issues are available. If you haven’t already, sign up on the SUBSCRIBE NOW link. Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox.  Sign up nowlast_img read more

Same Retailer Robbed Twice by Same Man

first_imgA man previously convicted of theft and assault was arrested after allegedly stealing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from the same retailer twice in just two days.Court documents state Markus Leon Emerson went into the Banana Republic located in the 1500 block of 5th Avenue in downtown Seattle and left with more than $5,000 worth of jeans and other apparel without paying.The general manager told police that on April 30 he observed a man, later identified as Emerson, enter the store at approximately 8:43 p.m. and pick up about 30 pairs of denim pants from a display rack and walk out without paying, police said… KIRO7 News- Sponsor – Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox.  Sign up nowlast_img read more

LEAD WITH OUR HEART

first_imgTo lead with our heart is the story of Sylvia Degotardi (nee Leahy). The death of a family member or friend is always tragic, especially so at Christmas, which is a time of celebration. Mother of three Sylvia Degotardi tragically passed away in mid-October, just hours after giving birth to her third child. Sylvia was an all-around athlete, who played Touch Football in Toowoomba for several years. A Memorial Race Day and raffle is being organised for January 15th, to establish a trust fund for her children. A long-time friend of Sylvia’s, Karley Banks, has written this incredible eulogy to her friend. The story also contains all the information on the Memorial Day. EULOGY TO SYLVIA DEGOTARDI Picture courtesy of the Toowoomba Chroniclelast_img read more

10 months agoMourinho only felt Man Utd at their best when…

first_imgMourinho only felt Man Utd at their best when…by Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho felt he only saw his players at their best mentally when they went a goal down.The Manchester Evening News says Mourinho felt he learnt more about his players when they went a goal behind, and that they would only start performing to their full potential once this happened.After beating Swansea, the Portuguese even explained how going behind worked well for United, despite it piling pressure on him.He said: “The only thing I want to see, but I don’t want to see if it happens, is the team losing and see the way we emotionally react to it because it’s also another stage to be losing and try to change a result.”Because, at the moment, everything is going in our favour but it’s not always motorway. You always find difficult roads and road works and you have to be ready.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Fort St John firefighters appreciative of help from residents in clearing snow

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — While Fort St. John residents aren’t responsible for clearing snow from around fire hydrants – that’s the job of City staff – firefighters say that after last week’s record snowfall they’re appreciative when residents with hydrants in their yards help out in any way.Fort St. John Fire Chief Fred Burrows confirmed that unlike clearing sidewalks in front of their houses, residents with fire hydrants in their yards are not responsible for clearing snow from around fire hydrants. He said that the fire department doesn’t want residents to hurting themselves trying to get the hydrants clear, especially those that have had large amounts of snow dumped on them.“The City does have staff and machines,” said Burrows. “Particularly the ones that are near a combination business/apartment in residential areas where maybe somebody’s piled snow from a lot on top of a hydrant, they’re going out with machines to move that and find those.”Burrows added however, that uncovering all the hydrants that may be buried by piles of snow will take some time, and that the fire department greatly appreciates any help they can get in keeping the hydrants clear in case they’re needed in an emergency.“There’s nothing that says residents have to go dig out hydrants. We just ask people, if its in your yard or close by and you have the capacity to move a bit of snow, it’s in their best interest to try and keep it clean.”last_img read more

Womens Soccer Ohio State heads to Wake Forest for first round of

Ohio State senior midfielder Sarah Roberts (10) heads the ball upfield against the Wisconsin Badgers on Oct. 21st. Ohio State won 2-1. Credit: Cori Wade | For The LanternAfter awaiting a decision from the NCAA selection show, the Ohio State women’s soccer team (9-5-4, 6-2-3 Big Ten) will now compete in the first round of the NCAA tournament against Wake Forest at 7 p.m. on Friday at Spry Stadium.Senior midfielder Bayley Feist and sophomore forward Estelle Laurier have driven Wake Forest’s potent offense this season. Feist is up to six goals and Laurier has four so far this season. The team’s offense also had a season-high six points against Longwood. “I think we have a good chance to come into Wake Forest and give them a good game,” Ohio State freshman forward Kayla Fischer said.On Monday, the Buckeyes were granted an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, marking its 13th appearance in the tournament. Like Ohio State, the road for Wake Forest (8-8-1, 4-6-0 Big Ten) has remained relatively unsteady throughout the season. While Wake Forest has had no problem scoring goals, it has encountered difficulties preventing other teams from doing the same. Virginia scored five against the Demon Deacons in a loss on Sept. 30 and Duke scored three against them the following game in a loss on Oct. 4, starting a four-game losing streak. The last time both teams met was in the 2014 season opener, where the Buckeyes came away with the 1-0 victory in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This time, the stakes are even higher. After starting off the regular season with two losses, dealing with multiple injuries and falling just short of the Big Ten semifinals to Nebraska, the Buckeyes have not had an easy road to the NCAA tournament. “We’ve faced a lot of adversity this year,” Ohio State senior midfielder Sarah Roberts said. “At this point, anything that gets thrown against us we look at it more as an opportunity, an opportunity to get better, an opportunity to show the rest of the country what the Buckeyes are made of.”For the Demon Deacons, this rematch presents an opportunity for the team to put its best foot forward and gain a win in front of the home crowd.  This matchup for the Buckeyes will be the most important road test it has faced thus far. For some of the players on the team, this will be their first experience playing soccer in an NCAA tournament, including Fischer, who said the team is excited for the upcoming matchup.“Never being in a tournament before,” Fischer said, “I’m definitely excited to see what it’s going to bring. I’m expecting that our team can compete and keep going in the tournament. I know throughout the season we’ve been getting better and better. I think as long as we continue that, we have a good shot.”One key element that remains a strength for the Buckeyes is its  performance on defense. Ohio State has allowed 14 goals in 18 games this season.. “From a senior perspective,” Roberts said, “I think we’re excited that we get one more chance and one more game to kind of make our mark on the program.” read more

TEF provides additional 350M for Exim Bank Loan Facility

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Jamaica, September 4, 2017 – Kingston – The Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) has allocated an additional $350 million to the National Export-Import (EXIM) Bank of Jamaica to continue the provision of loans to the operators of small and medium-sized tourism enterprises (SMTEs).The allocation represents the second tranche of the $1-billion TEF/EXIM Bank Jamaica loan facility, which was launched in September 2016 with an initial $300 million capital injection by the tourism entity.    The facility enables the industry stakeholders to access between $5 million and $25 million at five per cent interest for five years.Among those eligible are operators involved in spa and wellness; gastronomy – restaurants and food-related businesses; small accommodations; shopping and galleries; attractions; knowledge networks; and sports and entertainment as well as manufacturers and suppliers.Speaking at the official handover at the Tourism Ministry in New Kingston on Wednesday, August 30, Portfolio Minister, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, said the loan facility was a critical financial lifeline that had allowed and would enable more sector stakeholders to create jobs, generate growth and facilitate economic well-being.Additionally, he said it represented the Government’s acknowledgement of the entities’ integral role in the tourism value chain.“The idea was born out of the need to build capacity within the sector and provide financial support to enterprises that would better enable them to capitalise on business opportunities to better participate in the supply chain of the sector,” the Minister said.Mr. Bartlett advised that the first tranche of the loan facility has been fully disbursed, and encouraged other entrepreneurs not yet accessing the provision to take advantage of it to grow their businesses.EXIM Bank Managing Director, Lisa Bell, disclosed that the entity has, to date, processed more than 28 loan applications totalling $509 million under the programme. She said applications totalling $408 million have been approved, with disbursements totalling $311 million.The applications processed for approval fall in the categories of: attractions – $84.5 million; small accommodations – $105 million; gastronomy – $25 million; linkages – $32 million; shopping networks – $30 million; manufacturing – $47.5 million; services – $48.4 million; spa and wellness – $12. 5 million; and domestic tours and car rentals – $125 million.“We are very pleased about that, because we knew this programme could be revolutionary, not only because of its attractive terms and conditions but it really would put funding into the hands of those who needed it,” Mrs. Bell said.She further noted that the Bank has received an additional 25 qualified expressions of interest totaling approximately $470 million.In 2015, the World Bank noted that formal SMTEs contribute up to 60 per cent of total employment and up to 40 per of national income in emerging economies.In the Caribbean, these enterprises contribute more than 90 per cent of employment and 70 per cent of the gross domestic product.For more information on the loan facility, persons may call the EXIM Bank at (876) 630-1400 to make an appointment; visit its offices at 85 Hope Road, Kingston 6; or website at www.eximbankja.com.last_img read more

Allegri We achieved our objective by winning the group

first_imgMax Allegri accepted Juventus loss to BSC Young Boys but admitted they achieved their objective of topping the Champions League group.Juve’s remarkable 26-game unbeaten run which stretches back to November 2017, was ended by the Swiss side but they still topped the group as Manchester United lost 2-1 to Valencia.“We achieved our objective by winning the group, even on a night where everything seemed to go wrong,” the Coach told Football Italia via Rai Sport.“We missed so many opportunities and gifted a penalty, so at the end of the day it was only right that we lost.”Paulo Dybala came off the bench to score a powerful finish and was about to get the equaliser, but it was disallowed for Cristiano Ronaldo’s offside position.Massimiliano Allegri, Cristiano Ronaldo, JuventusMassimiliano Allegri hails the mentality of Cristiano Ronaldo Andrew Smyth – September 13, 2019 Massimiliano Allegri opened up on his great respect for old star player Cristiano Ronaldo, but warned Juventus that Inter Milan “can win the Scudetto”.“It was offside. In any case, an equaliser wouldn’t have changed anything at that point. We started well and were not lazy in our approach, things just didn’t go our way, but we still won the group and I, therefore, thank the lads.“I preferred to rest Miralem Pjanic ahead of the derby with Torino on Saturday.”Juventus could face Atletico Madrid, Tottenham, Liverpool, Schalke, Ajax or Lyon in the Round of 16.“It doesn’t matter who we face, as long as we reach February in good shape.”last_img read more

Google releases Lookout app for visually impaired and blind on Pixel devices

first_img Best Buy Now playing: Watch this: See It 4:33 Mentioned Above Google Pixel 3 (64GB, not pink) $589 See It Google Walmart News • Unlocked Google Pixel 3: Just $499.99 with this exclusive code Sprint $799 Google Pixel 3 See it 0 Google’s Lookout app for the blind and visually impaired launched for the Pixel 3.  Google The Google Lookout app, which helps blind and visually impaired people identify objects through the phone’s camera, is now downloadable in the Play Store. The catch? It’s only available for people with Pixel devices in the US. The Lookout app, which Google announced last year, uses technology similar to Google Lens to let users better explore and interact with their surroundings. Lookout also reads the text in signs and labels, scans barcodes and identifies currencies. Google recommends wearing your Pixel device on a lanyard around your neck or keeping it in your front shirt pocket. From there, Lookout can tell you about people, read text, identify objects and more as you go about your day. Patrick Clary, product manager in Google Accessibility Engineering, published a blog Tuesday that detailed when people might need to use Lookout, which for now is English-only. The most common times, according to Clary, would be in situations where you’d need to ask for help: visiting a new space, reading a document or completing daily tasks. Clary noted that the Lookout app is still new and Google wants feedback from users to keep improving it.”As with any new technology, Lookout will not always be 100 percent perfect,” Clary said.Originally published March 13, 8:44 a.m. PT.Correction, 10:39 a.m.: The original version of this story misstated the availability of the Lookout app. It’s available on Pixel devices in the US (and is only in English). $849 Microsoft tech teaches children who are blind how to… Mobile Mobile Apps Tags Review • Pixel 3 review: The best Android phone of 2018 CNET may get a commission from retail offers. $812 Share your voice Preview • Pixel 3 and 3 XL: Google’s nicest Pixel might lack that killer feature Post a comment See Itlast_img read more

Republicans Oppose Expected Trump Move On Immigrant Children

first_imgAllison Shelley/Getty ImagesHouse Speaker Paul Ryan is leading efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.House Speaker Paul Ryan and another Republican are urging President Donald Trump not to rescind federal protections for immigrant children whose parents brought them to the country illegally.Ryan was asked about Trump’s rumored move to roll back so-called DACA protections for such children on Wisconsin radio station WCLO. Ryan said, “I actually don’t think we should do that.”Ryan says, “This is something that Congress has to fix.”And Utah GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch sent out a statement in anticipation of a Trump announcement on Friday saying he’s urged Trump not to revoke former President Barack Obama’s efforts to protect “individuals who entered our country unlawfully as children through no fault of their own and who have built their lives here.” Sharelast_img read more